Hatstand, a global financial consultancy, is seeking an Automation Engineer to work within the Global Equity Derivatives IT team that has responsibility for strategic trading applications. The team is globally split across London, Hong Kong and NYC.
The automation engineer will be primarily focused on Risk Management Systems, which sit across all trading applications. The risk systems are based upon complex mathematical models and are written in core Java. The systems are highly distributed and low latency: performance, accuracy and reliability are vital. This is a mature Agile environment and the typical release cycle is anywhere from 2-6 weeks long (dependent on component) and includes: - User story analysis - Implementation (including Unit/Integration testing) - Code review - QA verification - Deployment & release to production
The automation engineer will work alongside the developers, Business Analysts and QA analysts to automate various tasks. Develop automated data quality checks, capture metrics. Develop data visualization dashboards based on various metrics captured during nightly run, UAT runs and QA runs.
• Develop automated scripts for various manual tasks performed by business analysts, QA testers
• Develop automated data quality checks
• Capture metrics
• Raise JIRAs thru automation for data quality errors
• Work closely with developers, business analysts, QA analysts to understand manual tasks
• Work as part of an agile scrum development team
• Collaborate with other global IT teams as the origin of the problem may lie with another team.
• Experience with shell scripts, Perl, Oracle/Sybase in Linux environment
• Knowledge of Python and /or PHP a plus
• Knowledge of Data visualization tools / libraries
• SQL – a good understanding of how databases work, how data is stored and retrieved and how tables join and the ability to write queries
• An understanding of the SDLC
• Experience working with Agile methodologies
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills to include the ability to work closely with developers
• Analytical with a good problem solving mind-set
• Intellectually curious coupled with the ability to think (not only 'what' to do, but also 'why')
• Close attention to detail, Self-starter, Ability to work in a team
Hatstand – a Synechron company is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk.
As a software enabling solutions provider, we work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, , New York, Hong Kong and Singapore