long term project/HGB+_
Hatstand, a global financial consultancy, is seeking a QA Analyst to work within the Global Equity Derivatives IT team that has responsibility for strategic trading applications. The team is globally split across London, Hong Kong and NYC.
The QA will be primarily focused on Risk Management Systems, which sit across all trading applications. The risk systems are based upon complex mathematical models and are written in core Java. The systems are highly distributed and low latency: performance, accuracy and reliability are vital. This is a mature Agile environment and the typical release cycle is anywhere from 2-6 weeks long (dependent on component) and includes: - User story analysis - Implementation (including Unit/Integration testing) - Code review - QA verification - Deployment & release to production
The QA Analyst will work alongside the developers and Business Analysts and will provide QA testing to ensure the software released by the developers functions as expected based on the functional and technical requirements.
• Develop QA test scripts and document test scenarios
• Perform QA testing
• Analyze QA test results looking for discrepancies/anomalies
• Raise JIRAs for results not expected and issues identified
• Work closely with developers to solve the problems, making sure the developers know what is required of them
• Automate regression tests
• Work as part of an agile scrum development team
• Collaborate with other global IT teams as the origin of the problem may lie with another team.
• Experience in working with QA testing tools
• Knowledge of working in windows and linux environments
• SQL – a good understanding of how databases work, how data is stored and retrieved and how tables join and the ability to write queries
• An understanding of the SDLC
• Experience working with Agile methodologies
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills to include the ability to work closely with developers
• Analytical with a good problem solving mind-set
• Intellectually curious coupled with the ability to think (not only 'what' to do, but also 'why')
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team
Hatstand – a Synechron company is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk.
As a software enabling solutions provider, we work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, , New York, Hong Kong and Singapore