Hatstand – part of Synechron Group, a Capital Markets Consultancy, is seeking a qualified candidate with 2 + years’ experience as a Junior Production Support Developer, to join a global team for a Tier 1 investment bank.
This role is part of our Financial Services career development program, Hatstand Green Beret (HGB).
The Application Support team within the Rates & Credit Technology Division is concerned with the production support and release of solutions providing discreet functionality, driven by the global Credit and IRG business.
The team is responsible for supporting globally the ION platform, in-house pricing application, algorithmic trading components, STP, for Credit and IRG business.
The key focus is to provide BAU production support issues/user enquiries and align processes and procedures with the global support teams. To ensure current service agreements are met and requirements are successfully implemented. Establish a high level of quality for the production systems supporting the FI businesses.
The Junior Support Engineer will join a team supporting a complex set of business applications, working with colleagues in infrastructure and development teams to ensure the stable running of the technology platform. This includes liaising with business users, working effectively across teams and locations, and becoming the primary contact point for all technical issues.
• The team is responsible for monitoring the system availability, proactively preventing system problems, and responding to system incidents when they occur. They are also responsible for problem analysis, managing system change and ensuring minimal impact to the end users.
• Incident management – handle high priority incident tickets, work with members of the team and developers to resolve incidents, ensuring that affected users and management are always kept informed
• Problem management – ownership of problem tickets that have been raised for your application set
• Collaborate with technology partners to provide resolution for open problems or ensure that the appropriate parties have been tasked with doing so
• Create knowledge articles from the experience gained in resolving incidents, which can be used by application support teams to solve incidents quicker and better
• Technical queries and compliance/audit reporting
• Business and technical communication for incidents
• Compilation of trade data for business requestors
• 2+ years experience
• Basic SQL programming skills and experience.
• UNIX/Linux Skills and experience.
• Basic Java Programming skills is highly preferred.
• Ability to read and write scripts in common languages (Shell/Bash/Perl/Python)
• Bachelor degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering
• Any experience of working within the financial services industry supporting mission critical applications would be advantageous (e.g. Murex, ION, etc.)
• Experience working with ION, Unix and SQL desirable.
Hatstand is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We specialise in three key components of financial markets: Trading Systems and Connectivity, Data Management andRisk, Compliance and Regulation.
We work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, Geneva, Dubai, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
The Hatstand Green Beret programme is a talent development programme and aimed at recent graduates with 1-5 years of work experience. Working with Hatstand as a Junior Consultant will provide the ideal gateway into the financial technology industry.