Java Developer– Investment Banking – London
Hatstand, a global financial consultancy, is seeking a Junior Developer to work within a large Investment Bank. Ideally you will have 3-4 years commercial development experience. You will be good at any object oriented language.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our 2 year talent development programme in conjunction with leading global investment banks. This role will give you significant exposure to various financial aspects and will help in your personal/ professional development
• Experience of developing systems in Java
• Good knowledge about Classes, interfaces, Polymorphism, collections, Generics
• Operating Systems: Unix/Linux
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science
• Ability to test written code
• Problem resolution mind-set with an attention to detail.
• Numerate - ability to work with figures, charts and graphs and to analyse information
• Good Communicator
You should have:
• Strong Java development skills with a clear grasp of OO concepts for design and problem solving.
• Analytical mindset who picks up new technologies and business concepts quickly.
• Knowledge of OO design patterns
• Experience of working in an Agile environment. Good understanding of development methodologies and pair programming.
• Experience with Test Driven Development or Agile.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Experience of working to tight timelines, whilst still keeping calm and positive.
• Very strong attention to detail, always looking for ways of tightening up code and maintaining standards.
• A very thorough approach to development.
• You must be most comfortable working alongside and eager to learn from very high calibre developers.
This position is part of the Hatstand Green Beret program which is run in conjunction with our clients. We are looking for motivated, intelligent and enthusiastic graduates with relevant work experience who are seeking to accelerate their careers. We provide an attractive package that includes competitive salary, guaranteed pay rise and bonus, individualised training, mentoring program, paid vacation and further opportunities at the end of the two year program.
Hatstand – a Synechron company is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk.
As a software enabling solutions provider, we work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.