£450-£500 day rate
• Participate in an agile based software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews.
• Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components.
• Work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice.
• Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform.
• Mentor less experienced developers both in London and India through pair programming and code review.
• Fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality.
• Provide 3rd line application support on a rotation basis within the team.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• At least 5 years software development experience in an investment banking environment with experience in front office development: equity derivatives, credit or rates product
• Strong development skills and experience with TypeScript , CSS
• Strong development skills and experience with the Angular js libraries and other web technologies
• Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc. and experience with event driven architectures
• Experience with real time messaging protocols
• Experience developing large real-time financial trading applications
• Strong interest in continuous improvement and all aspects of software development and delivery
• Agile practitioner using Scrum
• Strong understanding of test driven development and continuous integration practices
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, inside and outside the team.
You should have a solid academic background in engineering, sciences or economics.
Hatstand – a Synechron company is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk.
As a software enabling solutions provider, we work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, Geneva, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.